We’re excited to announce that an replace to our preview of PowerShellGet 3.0 is now accessible on the PowerShell Gallery!
This launch contains numerous bug fixes in addition to assist for specifying the non permanent path used throughout set up of PSResources.
The way to Set up PowerShellGet 3.0 Preview 17
Please be aware that this preview launch of PowerShellGet 3.0 doesn’t assist PowerShell 7.0, 7.1 or 7.2-preview1.
It is a non permanent concern as a result of a dependency and ought to be resolved in future releases. This launch does assist Home windows PowerShell 5.1, PowerShell 7.2 and seven.3-previews.
Please guarantee that you’ve the newest (non-prerelease) model of PowerShellGet and PackageManagement put in. To verify the model you at present have put in run the command
Get-InstalledModule PowerShellGet, PackageManagement
The newest model of PowerShellGet is 2.2.5, and the newest model of PackageManagement is 1.4.7. To put in the newest variations of those modules run the next:
Set up-Module PowerShellGet -Drive -AllowClobber
Putting in the Preview
To put in this preview launch side-by-side together with your current PowerShellGet model, open any PowerShell console and run:
Set up-Module PowerShellGet -Drive -AllowPrerelease
When you have PowershellGet v3 already you possibly can run
Replace-PSResource PowerShellGet -Prerelease
What to anticipate on this replace
This launch contains numerous bug fixes in addition to extra assist for specifying a brief path for set up of PSResources. For added context on eventualities the place this can be helpful please discuss with this concern.
Options of this launch
- Add -TemporaryPath parameter to Set up-PSResource, Save-PSResource, and Replace-PSResource
- Add String and SecureString as credential sorts in PSCredentialInfo
- Broaden acceptable paths for Publish-PSResource (Module root listing, module manifest file, script file)
- Add -Drive parameter to Register-PSResourceRepository cmdlet, to override an current repository
- Add a warning for when the script set up path isn’t in Path variable
- Change casing of -IncludeXML to -IncludeXml
- Replace precedence vary for PSResourceRepository to 0-100
- Editorial cross on cmdlet reference
- Repair concern when PSScriptInfo has no empty strains
- Make ConfirmImpact low for Register-PSResourceRepository and Save-PSResource
- Repair -PassThru for Set-PSResourceRepository cmdlet to return all properties
- Rename -FilePath parameter to -Path for PSScriptFileInfo cmdlets
- Repair RequiredModules description and add Discover instance to docs
- Take away unneeded inheritance in InstallHelper.cs
- Make -Path a required parameter for Save-PSResource cmdlet
- Enhance script validation for publishing and putting in
Options to Count on in Coming Preview Releases
This module isn’t but full. The main focus for our subsequent preview launch is eradicating the dependency on the nuget APIs. This may permit us to resolve dependency loading points that impact which variations of PowerShell this module can be suitable with. This replace will even permit us to enhance efficiency of the module and resolve numerous excellent bugs which can be as a result of limitations within the nuget APIs. For the complete checklist of points for our subsequent preview launch please discuss with our GitHub venture.
The way to Monitor the Improvement of this Module
GitHub is the very best place to trace the bugs/function requests associated to this module. Now we have used a mix of tasks and labels on our GitHub repo to trace points for this upcoming launch. We’re utilizing the label
Resolved-3.0 to label points that we plan to launch sooner or later earlier than we launch the module as GA (usually accessible).
To trace points/options for the following launch, please discuss with this GitHub venture.
Count on to see preview releases as new performance is added and bug fixes are made. Consumer suggestions will assist us decide after we can have a Launch Candidate model of the module which can be supported for use in manufacturing. Based mostly on person suggestions, if we imagine the three.0 launch is full, then we are going to publish a 3.0 model of the module as Typically Obtainable. Since these milestones are pushed by high quality, reasonably than date, we cannot provide a precise timeline at this level.
The way to Give suggestions and Get Assist
We can’t overstate how crucial person suggestions is at this stage within the growth of the module. Suggestions from preview releases assist inform design selections with out incurring a breaking change as soon as usually accessible and utilized in manufacturing.
As a way to assist us to make key selections across the conduct of the module please give us suggestions by opening points in our GitHub repository.