We’re happy to announce the discharge of
Get-WhatsNew, a cmdlet that delivers characteristic
details about new variations of PowerShell to your native terminal expertise.
Keep knowledgeable with Get-WhatsNew
Between Normal Availability (GA), Lengthy-Time period Servicing (LTS), and Previews launch, PowerShell ships
updates a number of occasions a yr. At this tempo, PowerShell customers could turn out to be unaware of latest options and
adjustments that enhance automation, efficiency and safety. Immediately, this info is offered by
launch notes and the PowerShell
Get-WhatsNew allows you to:
- Study new options that allow new options
- Get version-specific info to make improve choices
- View the knowledge in disconnected situations (information ships with module)
- View the knowledge in Home windows PowerShell 5.1 and better
- Get info for a single random characteristic for a message-of-the-day (MOTD) expertise
- Shortly open the discharge notes on the net model utilizing the On-line choice
Putting in WhatsNew
Get-WhatsNew cmdlet ships within the
module, which could be put in from the PowerShell Gallery.
- Microsoft.PowerShell.WhatsNew is a cross platform module that requires Home windows PowerShell 5.1
To put in Microsoft.PowerShell.WhatsNew:
Set up-Module -Title Microsoft.PowerShell.WhatsNew
To put in Microsoft.PowerShell.WhatsNew utilizing the brand new
Set up-PSResource -Title Microsoft.PowerShell.WhatsNew
Get-WhatsNew shows PowerShell options by model. The cmdlet contains
full assist with a number of examples. Listed here are some highlights to get began:
To get the entire assist info for
Get-Assist Get-WhatsNew -Full
To show the discharge notes for the model of PowerShell during which the cmdlet is working.
To show the discharge notes for PowerShell 7.2 no matter which model the cmdlet is working.
Get-WhatsNew -Model 7.2
To show one randomly chosen part of the discharge notes per model of PowerShell chosen.
Add this to your profile to obtain a Message-Of-The-Day (motd).
Get-WhatsNew -Day by day -Model 6.0, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2
We worth your concepts and suggestions and hope you’ll give WhatsNew a attempt. Cease by our
GitHub repository and tell us of any points you discover
or options you prefer to added.