We’re happy to announce the supply of PowerShell Crescendo 1.1.0. Crescendo is a
framework to quickly develop PowerShell cmdlets for frequent command line instruments, no matter
The discharge is now accessible for obtain on the
Making Cmdlets with PowerShell Crescendo
Crescendo is a improvement accelerator enabling you to quickly construct PowerShell cmdlets that
leverage present command-line instruments. Crescendo amplifies the command-line expertise of the
unique instrument to incorporate object output for the PowerShell pipeline, privilege elevation, and
built-in assist data. A Crescendo module replaces cumbersome command-line instruments with
PowerShell cmdlets which are simpler to make use of in automation and packaged to share with crew members.
The 1.1 GA launch consists of the next options and advantages:
- Up to date schema to assist extra options for this launch.
- Stop overwrite of the module manifest and permit for module manifest variations.
- Potential to bypass the output handler when the output of the native command doesn’t have to be
- Improved error stream and error dealing with with
- Added means for parameter values to be translated through key/worth pair with
- Improved code technology to scale back PSScriptAnalyzer output.
- Improved error dealing with by setting
$PSNativeCommandUseErrorActionPreference = $false.
- Improved module metadata and added present Crescendo model to the module.
For extra details about these adjustments, see What’s new in Crescendo 1.1.
Putting in Crescendo
- Microsoft.PowerShell.Crescendo requires PowerShell 7.2 or larger
- Crescendo generated cmdlets require PowerShell 5.1 or larger
To put in Microsoft.PowerShell.Crescendo:
Set up-Module -Title Microsoft.PowerShell.Crescendo
To put in Microsoft.PowerShell.Crescendo utilizing the brand new PSResourceGet:
Set up-PSResource -Title Microsoft.PowerShell.Crescendo
To get began utilizing Crescendo, try the documentation.
We worth your concepts and suggestions and hope you give Crescendo a strive. Cease by our
GitHub repository and tell us of any points you discover or options you want to added.