The primary minor launch for PyCharm 2022.2 is obtainable with the next fixes:
- We’ve enabled the brand new UI for establishing an interpreter through the Present all popup menu within the Python Interpreter popup window. [PY-53057]
- Docker: Run choices that had been arrange through a run/debug configuration are not ignored if different run choices had been arrange throughout Docker interpreter configuration. [PY-53638], [PY-53116]
- Docker: The console and debugger now join when utilizing a Docker interpreter on Linux. [PY-55338]
- Docker Compose: Challenge interpreters configured with earlier PyCharm variations now begin as anticipated. [PY-55423]
- Docker Compose: Port configuration now works for the Docker Compose interpreter. [PY-54302]
- Docker Compose: Operating Django with the Docker Compose interpreter not results in an HTTP error. [PY-55394]
- PyCharm now acknowledges non-default Flask app names and units up the Flask run configuration accordingly. [PY-55347]
- Testing: Behave run configurations can run particular person eventualities as a substitute of operating all out there recordsdata from the goal listing. [PY-55434]
- The Emulate terminal in output console possibility not results in surprising indentations within the console or debugger. [PY-55322]
- Debugger: The Python console now shows textual content containing ANSI coloration sequences appropriately. [PY-54599]
- Debugger: PyCharm not produces an error when debugging code containing non-ASCII encoding. [PY-55369]
- Debugger: Debugging a multiprocessing script not results in an IDE exception error. [PY-55104]
The key modifications in 2022.2
With PyCharm 2022.2, we launched an essential change to how PyCharm works with distant targets such because the WSL, SSH, and Docker. This modification enabled customers to create digital environments on the WSL and SSH immediately in PyCharm. It additionally geared up PyCharm with a brand new unified wizard for managing distant interpreters, enhancements that weren’t doable with the outdated implementation.
Initially, PyCharm centered on native growth. As PyCharm matured, it began to cowl new approaches and applied sciences. At first, assist was added for the fundamental eventualities of growth with the code deployed on SSH servers. Then, Docker integration was applied and WSL adopted. Whereas completely different applied sciences had been supported, the codebase accountable for code execution remained the identical in its essence, leaving a number of nook circumstances and particular person options unsupported.
To implement this new performance, we needed to refactor a good portion of our big code base. We did inside dogfooding of the up to date code for a number of months earlier than we added the performance to the Early Entry Program builds for the 2022.1 launch after which for the 2022.2 launch. Sadly, there have been nonetheless some regressions that we didn’t catch, they usually ended up showing in PyCharm 2022.2. This minor launch brings fixes that can help you work extra effectively with distant interpreters once more.
Our future plans embrace offering the power to configure Conda interpreters in WSL and on SSH servers and including assist for managing Python interpreters configured in Docker, which runs on an SSH server.
For now, as we launch PyCharm 2022.2.1 we’re already engaged on the following minor iteration and the next points are presently being prioritized: