Microsoft.PowerShell.PSResourceGet is a continuation of the PowerShellGet 3.0 venture. The newest preview launch of this module beneath the brand new identify is now out there on the PowerShell Gallery. This launch incorporates improved publish assist, new aliases and lots of bug fixes. That is the final deliberate preview launch earlier than we launch a “Launch Candidate (RC)” of the module. From there we don’t anticipate to make any modifications earlier than we make the module “Usually Out there (GA)”.
How you can set up the module
To put in from PSResourceGet previews (which is included in PowerShell 7.4 Preview 4)
Set up-PSResource Microsoft.PowerShell.PSResourceGet -Prerelease
To put in from PowerShellGet 2.2.5
Set up-Module -Identify Microsoft.PowerShell.PSResourceGet -AllowPrerelease
What’s included on this preview
For the needs of this weblog submit, this record consists of modifications from each beta23 and beta24.
- *-PSResourceRepository -Uri now accepting PSPaths
- Add aliases for Set up-PSResource, Discover-PSResource, Replace-PSResource, Publish-PSResource (‘isres’,’fdres’,’udres’,’pbres’)
- Add assist for NuGet.Server software hosted feeds
- Add Import-PSGetRepository operate to import present v2 PSRepositories into PSResourceRepositories
- Add ‘Get-PSResource’ alias to ‘Get-InstalledPSResource’
- Add -ApiVersion parameter to Set-PSResourceRepository
- Add assist for FindNameGlobbing situations (i.e -Identify az*) for MyGet server repository (V3)
- Assist Credential Persistence for Publish-PSResource
- Assist publishing with a prerelease dependency
- Higher error dealing with for situation the place repo ApiVersion is unknown and permit for PSPaths as URI for registered repositories
- Bug repair for Uninstall to take away older variations of a package deal that aren’t a dependency
- Bug repair for Publish discovering prerelease dependency variations
- Repair pagination for V3 search with globbing situations
- Bug repair for publishing with ExternalModuleDependencies
- Replace Save-PSResource -Path param so it defaults to the present working listing
- Permit surroundings variables in module manifests (Thanks @ThomasNieto!)
- Updating prerelease model ought to replace to newest prerelease model
- Allow UNC Paths for native repositories, supply directories and vacation spot directories (Thanks @FriedrichWeinmann!)
- Bug repair for model parsing in Publish-PSResource
- Bug repair for Get-InstalledPSResource returning sort of scripts as module
- Bug repair for locating all variations of a package deal returning appropriate outcomes and incorrect “package deal not discovered” error
- Bug repair for saving module dependencies
- Add parameters to
Set up-PSResourceverbose message
- Bug repair for parsing required modules when publishing
- Bug repair for saving dependency modules in model vary format
- Bug repair for updating to a brand new model of a prerelease module
Set-PSResourceRepositoryrun with out
-ApiVersionparamater now not resets the property for the repository
- Many error dealing with updates
- Replace to
Discover-PSResourceto return packages from all standards matching repositories, in precedence order, by default.
For a full record of modifications please seek advice from the changelog.
As part of our efforts with this module we have now additionally been updating the documentation for this module. We lately up to date the documentation on supported repositories to incorporate extra info on learn how to publish. Please take a look at the documentation and provides us suggestions in this repository so we are able to make enhancements.
We additionally lately added an examples folder to our repository with examples for the anticipated habits of
How you can give suggestions and Get Assist
We can’t overstate how important consumer suggestions is at this stage within the improvement of the module. Suggestions from preview releases assist inform design selections with out incurring a breaking change as soon as typically out there and utilized in manufacturing.
With a view to assist us to make key selections across the habits of the module please give us suggestions by opening points in our GitHub repository.