Not too long ago, I posted a video on our YouTube channel by which I’ve given transient details about the Evolution / Historical past of ASP.NET. On this submit, I’m going to share the content material which is proven through the presentation.
When you’ve got not seen the video but, I’m including the hyperlink with the intention to watch it right here.
Evolution of ASP.NET (Fast Dialogue on a number of the well-liked Model(s) of ASP.NET)
Evolution of ASP.NET
- ASP (Energetic Server Pages) – 1996
- ASP.NET Net Types – 2002
- ASP.NET MVC – 2009
- ASP.NET Core – 2016
- ASP.NET Core 2 – 2017
- ASP.NET Core 3.1 – 2019
- ASP.NET Core 5.0 – 2020
1. ASP (Energetic Server Pages)
- Often called Microsoft’s First Server Facet Language.
- ASP was launched in 1996 as a part of IIS 3.0.
- ASP Pages are presently supported by all of the model of IIS (Web Data Companies)
- ASP pages have .asp file extension.
- ASP is interpreted language means the compiler interprets the compiling code.
2. ASP.NET Net Types
- ASP.NET Net Types lets us to construct dynamic web sites utilizing a drag and drop, event-driven mannequin.
- ASP.NET WebForms was launched in 2002.
- ASP.NET Net Types have environment friendly error dealing with assist as in comparison with ASP.
- ASP Net Type pages have .aspx file extension.
- Validations in ASP.NET Net Types may be simply carried out by establishing properties on the management.
- Code-behind and tightly coupled code make unit testing nearly not possible.
- ViewState saved on the web page which will increase the dimensions of the web page and reduces the general efficiency.
- Lack of separation of considerations (SoC).
- Lack of Code Reusability on account of Code behind file and tightly coupled method.
3. ASP.NET MVC
- ASP.NET MVC is an internet software framework developed by Microsoft that implements MVC i.e. Mannequin-View-Controller Sample.
- It was launched in 2009.
- It’s Open Supply Software program.
- It’s light-weight as in comparison with ASP.NET WebForms.
- Separation of Considerations and offers higher assist for the test-driven growth.
- It doesn’t use view state or server-based varieties.
- ASP.NET MVC makes use of .NET Framework and it requires Home windows OS/Server for the construct or deployment function.
4. ASP.NET Core
- ASP.NET Core is a Cross-Platform (Home windows, Mac, and Linux), high-performance, open-source framework for constructing fashionable, cloud-enabled, Web-connected purposes.
- It was launched in 2016.
- Constructed-in Dependency Injection.
- It’s light-weight and has a modular HTTP request pipeline.
- ASP.NET Core purposes can run on the .NET Core Framework in addition to on full .NET Framework (ASP.NET Core consists of the .NET Normal Libraries). ASP.NET Core 2.X
- It was launched in 2017.
- ASP.NET Core 2.0 has launched the Razor Pages to create dynamic internet purposes.
- It comes with the “Microsoft.AspNetCore.All” package deal which is a meta-package for all of the dependencies that are required to create ASP.NET Core 2.0 software.
- ASP.NET Core 2.0 goal .NET Normal 2.0.
5. ASP.NET Core 3.1
- It was launched in 2019.
- It has Partial class assist for the Razor elements.
- Cross parameter to top-level elements.
- New element tag helper.
- Detailed error throughout Blazer Utility Improvement.
- Breaking Modifications for SameSite Cookies and many others.
6. ASP.NET Core 5.0
- It was launched in 2020.
- .NET Core MVC & Razor web page enhancements.
- MVC Mannequin binding enhancements.
- Auto browser refresh with dotnet watch.
- Construct-in OpenAPI and Swagger UI Assist for Net APIs.
I’m additionally sharing the presentation with the content material (talked about above) as nicely with the intention to simply consult with it every time required.
I hope this submit will enable you to to grasp the Evolution / Historical past of ASP.NET.